Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The thing on sparrows and trust...


I wonder if cats go to heaven...

Looking at my own cat, I often wonder what will happen to it if it was not adopted. Does it wonder the same thing? I am sure it is a no. Can it even remotely imagine the scenario where it is left out in the streets, with no food or shelter? Is there family or friends who will never turn a blind eye on it? Maybe brother cat will take pity of it and invite her home.

I know none of it is true, you know it and the man on the street knows it. Yet there it is, sleeping soundly, well fed, cuddled, loved, worried upon, while it does its catty things like chase butterflies and pounce on lizards.

Of recent times I do get somewhat upset when I see dead birds on the streets. It always made me wonder that God did not take care of this sparrow that He promised in the bible. Rather than the bird, it reflected my own inability to fully trust him..

Just in case.......

In case the bird did trust him..

In case I ...

I wonder if even a person like me will make sure my cat wouldn't starve to death or die of a hot summer heatstroke. If I am willing to part with my last dollar for her cat food... If I get worried if she did not come home from her evening walks... If she is bored and needs someone to play with her...

What about God? What will He do?

Why is it that a Christian relationship is foremost about selling sinners the Willy Wonka ticket to heaven, or promises that life will be smoother, or attending church and bible studies than it is about taking that time to build trust in Him and who He is?

I find it amazing that my cat doesn't go knocking on another stranger's door when I do not grant her her favourite pork floss treat. She does not pack her bag and decide that kitty is better off changing owners who will give her a three tiered cat condo instead of a silly box with cut out windows.

Maybe she does understand trust better than I do. For me, I have to go back to the drawing board and trust that I can go about doing my 'human' things trusting God who is taking care of me.

Unbeknownst to her, Gracie looked up and found herself staring at a stranger's face.
















"Dear God, please give me nice people who will love me and treat me well"