Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Getaway at Lakes Entrance

Even though I had to sit for my IELTS test on Saturday, we decided that it'll be good to join the rest at Lakes Entrance for a lazy weekend getaway. Lakes Entrance is about 4 hours drive southeast from Melbourne, in the Gippsland region. I did what was the most appropriate, watch The Lakehouse at the Lakes, while the people who have gone earlier were out fishing.

Had a great supper of fresh caught fish and noodles. Yums! The holiday park we stayed at reminded me of the ones I stayed in 9 years back doing the Boomerang Coast. I was getting tired from the test answering questions such as:
1)Do you like flowers? When are flowers given in as a gift in your country? (duh!)
2)Do you enjoy studying (this one i can't resist rolling my eyes)..
At the end of the 'speaking test', the moment the recorder was turned off, the truth came pouring out with me and the examiner agreeing some of the questions are just silly.

Back to the trip...

The next day, we went full swing into fishing. Chartered a boat, packed 15 hamburgers, 4 fishing rods, and a variety of smelly baits. We caught mainly Luderick because the snapper and australia salmon were just too small to be legally caught. I caught 2, but was sad to see them die. So I resigned to just sitting on the boat, enjoying the scenary, watching 5 dolphins around us frolick and black swans gracefully swimming.

And if the lakes didn't offer us enough, we went on to Metung at dusk to continue fishing. By the time we packed and left, all of us were dead tired. Had a nice round of pub food at Bairnsdale, and it was paramount that we kept the drivers of the 2 cars awake for the 4 hours drive back.

Dead tired when I reached home. Collasped and slept like never did.

Fishing @ Lakes Entrance Posted by Picasa